Are you interested being a part of a local, grass-roots effort to promote opera?
Are you a classical singer:
- With classical vocal study as an adult (collegiate-level study or significant private study)
- Who is a working church soloist/section leader
- Who is a vocal music teacher, either privately or as a voice faculty member
- With operatic and other musical theater and solo experience
- Who is not currently enrolled in a university voice program
- Who is willing to assist with aspects of production?
- This Denver Opera Collective is “singer-produced.” Every member will be part of committee(s) to handle fundraising, costuming, sets, marketing, and other aspects of the company.
- Who is considered a “Rising Professional?”
- you are a few years out of school and want more experience
- Who is living or staying within driving distance of Denver
If any of these apply, then sing for us!
OPEN AUDITION INFORMATION
We are hearing singers for our “Love Letters and Arias” Concert on March 23rd. Our summer season repertoire will be largely based on what we hear in the auditions.
Sunday, December 9th 3-6 PM and Tuesday. December 11th 7-9 PM
Auditions are at the 6th Avenue United Church of Christ, 3250 E. 6th Avenue (at Adams Street) in Denver.
- One English aria or song (must be originally in English. No translations, please)
- A second contrasting aria in any language
If you an aria that has a connection to a love letter (Voi che sapete, the Letter aria from Werther, the Letter Aria from Ballad of Bay Doe, The Letter Scene from Eugene Onegin, etc. …) then bring that as one of your arias.
Are you a DOC alum? No audition required unless you’ve changed fach or feel the voice is now substantially different than when you last sang with us, then bring two pieces.
For 2019, the program cost is a very modest $199 Denver Opera Collective annual membership fee. This allows you to participate in all programs, productions, masterclasses. and receive private coachings during 2019.
Check with your tax professional: The membership fee may be a qualified music business expense.
1. Send us your resume and headshot:
2. Then, Click here and complete this brief form
Note: There is a $10 non-refundable audition fee. We cannot schedule an audition without having received your payment.