Are you interested being a part of a local, grass-roots effort to promote opera?
Are you a classical singer:
- With classical vocal study as an adult (collegiate-level study or significant private study)
- Who is a working church soloist/section leader
- Who is a vocal music teacher, either privately or as a voice faculty member
- With operatic and other musical theater and solo experience
- Who is not currently enrolled in a university voice program
- Who is willing to assist with aspects of production?
- This Denver Opera Collective is “singer-produced.” Every member will be part of committee(s) to handle fundraising, costuming, sets, marketing, and other aspects of the company.
- Who is considered a “Rising Professional?”
- you are a few years out of school and want more experience
- Who is living or staying within driving distance of Denver
If any of these apply, then sing for us!
Sunday, May 20th 3-6 PM and Monday, May 21st 6-9 PM. Auditions are at the 6th Avenue United Church of Christ, 3250 E. 6th Avenue (at Adams Street) in Denver.
Bring two of your favorite “party arias” or songs that you would like to sing at the Cabaret Bel Canto: drinking songs and arias about beer and wine, arias sung at parties, arias and songs sung in bars and cabarets and dives…well you get the idea.
Are you a DOC alum? Then just bring one aria or song you’d like to sing at the Cabaret Bel Canto. If you’ve changed fach or feel the voice is now substantially different than when you last sang with us, then bring two pieces.
There are plenty of good sings for all voice types. And if you have other material to offer, sing it at your audition! We’d love to hear it!
Here’s some of the repertoire under consideration: Cabaret Bel Canto Repertoire
- One English aria or song (must be originally in English. No translations, please)
- A second aria of your choice in any language
FULL PARTICIPANTS’ PROGRAM SCHEDULE
We aim to make this program an affordable choice, while also raising enough funds to pay our artistic staff and perpetuate the company into the future. For 2018, the program cost is a very modest $149 Denver Opera Collective membership fee.
Check with your accountant: Tuition may count as a qualified music business expense.
WHAT DO I GET?
The DOC is run by singers with advanced degrees in vocal performance who know that summer opera programs can cost upwards of $2500 before room, board, and travel. We truly believe that what we can offer you for substantially less is a value.
Your DOC membership fee includes all classes, a private coaching, and participation in the gala concert. Additional coaching sessions are available at the special participants’ rate of just $60.
There is still room for singers this season! To apply:
1. Check the program schedule to be sure your calendar is clear.
2. Send us your resume and headshot:
Note: There is a $10 non-refundable audition fee